As Howard County’s 24-7 crisis intervention center and shelter for the homeless, Grassroots is committed to providing as much service to the community as possible during the public health threat posed by COVID-19. We are also using every measure necessary to ensure the safety of our residents and staff members.
The following practices are now in place:
- All staff members, residents and others will be screened at the front door before entering.
- Walk-in service will be limited to urgent needs, such as Urgent Substance Misuse or Literal Homelessness.
- Call ahead, 410-531-6677, to make arrangements for services.
- No visitors to shelter residents are allowed.
- No new guests will be accepted at the Cold Weather Shelter (current guests may continue).
All community trainings are cancelled until further notice.
If you have questions, call 410-531-6677.