Current Openings (November 2020)
Position Title: Shelter Case Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Reports to: Assistant Director of Homeless Services
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Date: Revised November 2020
Position Summary: The Shelter Case Manager provides case management, counseling and support services to shelter residents.
- Conducts Shelter Intakes
- Provides case management and counseling to shelter residents
- Responsible for the discharge of shelter residents
- Makes appropriate referrals to other agencies
- Maintains residents’ case files in a thorough and professional manner
- Enters residents’ information into ServicePoint
- Provides shift coverage when needed
- Provides direct support to shelter residents
- Oversees resident activities
- Documents resident activities and issues for follow up in the shelter log
- Participates in supervision, in-service training, and staff meetings
- Maintains good working relationships with co-workers and positively contributes to group morale
- Completes all administrative duties including time sheets, leave requests, etc.
- Participates in special task forces, committees, or special projects as needed
- Uses appropriate channels of communication to resolve conflicts with other staff
- Interacts with staff, clients, and visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree and 2 years experience in human services or related fields
- Possession of a valid driver’s license required
- Knowledge of homelessness issues a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Case management skills
- Counseling skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to make reasonable decisions in crisis situations
- Positive communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member with other staff
- Case managers may share office and desk space.
- Holiday coverage may be required.
- Hours can vary depending on coverage needs.
- May be required to use personal vehicle to attend community meetings and training
- Overnight travel is not required.
Send resumes to email@example.com