2022 Holiday Gift Card Giving Community Guide
INFORMATION FOR DONORS
Many thanks to our Howard County residents, groups, schools, businesses, and faith congregations who help support community families and individuals in need through our Holiday Gift Card Giving Program. Because of your generosity last year we served 125 households, an 11 percent increase. This included the addition of a grocery card! Everyone was very grateful for the extra assistance which is of great need again this year.
Please consider joining with us to help those struggling with financial and food challenges this holiday season by donating gift cards for distribution to eligible participants in our community.
- Gift cards in $25 or $50 amounts from Walmart, Target, and Amazon (physical cards only, no digital cards) would allow individuals to select toys, clothing, and other items for their families.
- Gift cards of $25 or $50 from Giant Food, Safeway, Aldi, or Lidl would help purchase food or prescription medication.
- In order to allocate these gifts in a timely manner to our community residents we are asking for the cards to be delivered to our location at 6700 Freetown Road, Columbia 21044 by Friday, December 2, 2022.
- In addition, we can also use gift cards for gas stations throughout the year to assist community members with transportation needs.
For more information and to coordinate gift card deliveries please contact Monteith Mitchell, Volunteer
Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 531-6006.
INFORMATION FOR CONSUMERS
This holiday season we will again offer gift cards for individuals and families needing assistance. Our plan is to provide a retail card and a grocery card. However the number of gift cards available will depend on the amount of donations received.
- Signups for holiday assistance will begin at 10am on Monday, November 28 and continue through Friday, Dec. 2 or until all the spots are filled. To register contact Monteith Mitchell at (410) 531-6006 or email@example.com. Cards will be distributed Friday, Dec. 9 through Sunday, Dec. 11 based on assigned times.