New Grassroots Volunteer Opportunities
Location: Crisis Intervention Center and Shelter, 6700 Freetown Road, Columbia 21044
Lobby Greeters –We are seeking individuals 21 years and older to serve as greeters at our lobby reception desk. Duties include welcoming visitors, handing intake forms to clients, accepting donations, answering the phone and helping with administrative tasks such as mailings and special projects. Available shifts:
For questions or more information please contact Monteith Mitchell, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 531.6006. If you are interested in a position please fill out an application at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=2009537005 and you will be contacted regarding an interview.
Location: Day Resource Center, 10390 Guilford Road, Suite A, Jessup MD 20794
Following are openings for individuals 18 years and over:
- Front Desk Monitor – Accepts and stores guests’ belongings in cubbies and distributes mail. Available shifts:
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Wednesdays 2pm-6pm
- 3rd Saturday 10am-2pm
- Pantry Assistant – Assists with food and clothing distribution.
- Mondays 2pm-6pm
- 4th Wednesday 2pm-6pm
- Shower and Laundry Monitors – Checks and stocks shower supplies, monitors signup sheets, showers and laundry machines, distributes shower supplies to guests as needed, sanitizes showers between guests, assists guests with laundry procedures and launders shower linens. Available shifts:
- Mondays & Wednesdays 2pm-6pm
- Saturdays 10am-2pm
Volunteers for each position should arrive at least 10 minutes before opening and stay until the guests have left.
If interested please contact Monteith Mitchell, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com for an online application and scheduling.