- HoCo Resident/Employee
May 13, 2020
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Suicide Prevention Training QPR (Question. Persuade. Refer.)
Register now: FREE for Howard County residents and workers
QPR stands for Question, Persuade and Refer — the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide. Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade and refer someone to help.
KEY COMPONENTS COVERED IN TRAINING:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
For more information about this evidence-based practice, go to qprinstitute.com
Cost: FREE to Howard County Residents/Employees
Where: Due to COVID-19 we will be hosting online Zoom sessions.
When: Wednesday, May 13th from 7:00 PM-8:30 PM
For more information, contact: Amanda@grassrootscrisis.org
For Horizon Foundation Grantees – at least one member of your organization must attend a QPR training.